Sunday, May 8, 2011

Yellow Cadillac

Of all the dreams that were potent, balanced and besotted,
drove a yellow Cadillac on a highway that were glued to no sides;
A chain of blinking lights and the roads hauled up to the skies and back.
Along the spin of one such road, ran a steep staircase.
Once up, it swirled with the turns that led straight to a distant shore.
Rocky, green, but water all-right.
The water that started as mossy green, nice and cool,
spread it's huge blue and white wings and set the wind on the sails' tails.


Elaine!
Summer's here.
Let's set sail on the yacht as pretty as your stupid hat.

Whoa! Drinking chilled beer?

Yoho! Yes, of-course, and your red wine too.

And what about the yellow cadillac?

What about it?

What if it comes just when we leave?

It wouldn't. It is just a figment of your silly imagination.
Did you pop your pills?

Which ones?

Ah. No. Nothing.

What?

Nothing my dear, we're gonna make love. You don't wanna make babies, do you?

Nope. Ofcourse not. But we can make love here.
Why sail? What if my yellow Cadillac hails?

Pack your bags, where are the pills?
Come, let's go. Right at this moment.

No. No. I gotta wait.

Elaine! My baby, my dear. There are no yellow Cadillacs.
They were all taken apart while you slept through the years.
Come, now, let's go.
Summer's here.

Yellow Cadillac-
Elaine, I am at the steepest turn,
I can see the run.
Do not believe.
Come back, I am almost there.

I do not care.
Don't you see?
I am in the middle of the high sea.
I slept while they tore you down.
I saw it with my very eyes, through darkness profound.

Come back. Am here.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty pictures with a hint of something more to it. Leaves you wondering. Always.

    ReplyDelete